I thought it'd be cool to start a 'blog' where I write about my experiences going to new cafes and restaurants, trying different foods, basically combining two of my passions, writing and food. So, here we go.
In the days prior, I'd been checking the website Zomato, formerly Urban Spoon, basically a listing of restaurants, cafes and bars in Melbourne, with accompanying reviews from users. There were many places that captured my interest, but ultimately I settled on the Bratwurst Shop & Co. Guess I felt like living up to my German heritage.
When I left, I knew I couldn't take the train straight into the city, because they were performing construction on the level crossing or something, so once the train reached Mordialloc, you had to get replacement transport in the form of a bus, take that to Caulfield station, and from there resume my commute to Melbourne Central.
Annoyingly, when I got on the bus, all the seats were taken, so I had to stand all the way between Mordi and Caulfield, I guess the only consolation was standing in front of me was a stunning young blond woman who seemed quite distressed on board the bus as she was frequently held in a tight embrace by her boyfriend, a quiet guy with tussled dark brown hair and glasses, he was also quite handsome.
What was funny was that once I got on the train at Caulfield, I also couldn't get a seat, and standing on the other side of the carriage, I saw the stunning blond standing with her boyfriend :howler: they saw me too, but didn't give much signs of acknowledgment. I felt really embarrassed, just smiled a little and looked away after that. Like, "this again, seriously?!"
So anyway, I got out at Melbourne Central, and left at the Elizabeth St exit, then began my search for the Queen Victoria Market, as I knew the bratwurst shop was in that area. So I began walking down Elizabeth street, but after a while, I spot nothing that looks like a market, so I ask someone on the street where it is, and sure enough, I have to turn around and head back to Melbourne Central then go straight ahead, then look to my left. At this point my legs are feeling rather sore, I guess because of the bumpy bus ride... sigh. The sun had also decided to come out.
Eventually I find the Queen Victoria Market, which I search, and I search, and I search the outskirts of the market, but I find no bratwurst shop. Afterwards when I got back, my brother asked me if I'd taken the address, and feeling like a complete and utter schmuck, I said no, guess I felt it'd be quite easy to locate, as prior to leaving, I checked a map on the Zomato website, but still... so yeah, I couldn't find it. So instead I went to a cafe/bar/lounge of which it's name I can't remember, as my memory has been wiped by epilepsy. I ordered calamari with chips and salad, with Asahi, as I continue my quest to find a beer I can genuinely like. Asahi is a definite improvement on some I've tried in the past, such as Becks, but I didn't really like it, the plus was, it wasn't really bitter, but flavor wise, it's so flat, nothing really to enjoy for me.
As for the food, it was decent, though really expensive... over $20 for calamari and chips, and with the beer, it all came to $33 :palm: well I'm used to being ripped off in Melbourne. Usually I have calamari in the shape of rings but these were square shaped actually, and came with a nice tangy sauce that I used to dip with the chips as well. The salad made me feel less guilty... the menu is pretty standard, full of meals I've seen all before, so that was disappointing. When I left, they thanked me and said they looked forward to seeing me again, but I doubt I'll be there again.
On the way back to Melbourne Central I spotted a hair salon that charged only $10 for men's cuts and needing a trim myself, I thought, hey why not, so I stepped inside and after a short wait I was telling the guy I'd like a number two cut, so I was telling Ana earlier that I currently have the look of a thug or military guy.
Not much to say beside that, on the way back I managed to get a seat both on the train and the bus, which was a massive relief, my legs were really feeling it, and to stand all the way again on that rocking bus would've been quite painful.
Jeff's Food Blog
In the days prior, I'd been checking the website Zomato, formerly Urban Spoon, basically a listing of restaurants, cafes and bars in Melbourne, with accompanying reviews from users. There were many places that captured my interest, but ultimately I settled on the Bratwurst Shop & Co. Guess I felt like living up to my German heritage.
When I left, I knew I couldn't take the train straight into the city, because they were performing construction on the level crossing or something, so once the train reached Mordialloc, you had to get replacement transport in the form of a bus, take that to Caulfield station, and from there resume my commute to Melbourne Central.
Annoyingly, when I got on the bus, all the seats were taken, so I had to stand all the way between Mordi and Caulfield, I guess the only consolation was standing in front of me was a stunning young blond woman who seemed quite distressed on board the bus as she was frequently held in a tight embrace by her boyfriend, a quiet guy with tussled dark brown hair and glasses, he was also quite handsome.
What was funny was that once I got on the train at Caulfield, I also couldn't get a seat, and standing on the other side of the carriage, I saw the stunning blond standing with her boyfriend :howler: they saw me too, but didn't give much signs of acknowledgment. I felt really embarrassed, just smiled a little and looked away after that. Like, "this again, seriously?!"
So anyway, I got out at Melbourne Central, and left at the Elizabeth St exit, then began my search for the Queen Victoria Market, as I knew the bratwurst shop was in that area. So I began walking down Elizabeth street, but after a while, I spot nothing that looks like a market, so I ask someone on the street where it is, and sure enough, I have to turn around and head back to Melbourne Central then go straight ahead, then look to my left. At this point my legs are feeling rather sore, I guess because of the bumpy bus ride... sigh. The sun had also decided to come out.
Eventually I find the Queen Victoria Market, which I search, and I search, and I search the outskirts of the market, but I find no bratwurst shop. Afterwards when I got back, my brother asked me if I'd taken the address, and feeling like a complete and utter schmuck, I said no, guess I felt it'd be quite easy to locate, as prior to leaving, I checked a map on the Zomato website, but still... so yeah, I couldn't find it. So instead I went to a cafe/bar/lounge of which it's name I can't remember, as my memory has been wiped by epilepsy. I ordered calamari with chips and salad, with Asahi, as I continue my quest to find a beer I can genuinely like. Asahi is a definite improvement on some I've tried in the past, such as Becks, but I didn't really like it, the plus was, it wasn't really bitter, but flavor wise, it's so flat, nothing really to enjoy for me.
As for the food, it was decent, though really expensive... over $20 for calamari and chips, and with the beer, it all came to $33 :palm: well I'm used to being ripped off in Melbourne. Usually I have calamari in the shape of rings but these were square shaped actually, and came with a nice tangy sauce that I used to dip with the chips as well. The salad made me feel less guilty... the menu is pretty standard, full of meals I've seen all before, so that was disappointing. When I left, they thanked me and said they looked forward to seeing me again, but I doubt I'll be there again.
On the way back to Melbourne Central I spotted a hair salon that charged only $10 for men's cuts and needing a trim myself, I thought, hey why not, so I stepped inside and after a short wait I was telling the guy I'd like a number two cut, so I was telling Ana earlier that I currently have the look of a thug or military guy.
Not much to say beside that, on the way back I managed to get a seat both on the train and the bus, which was a massive relief, my legs were really feeling it, and to stand all the way again on that rocking bus would've been quite painful.
0 commentaires:
Enregistrer un commentaire